Tuesday 30 December 2014

Review and Swatches: TOPSHOP Lip Products

Hi everyone! 

I'm back with another review and swatches :)

For those who don't like to read chunks of words.. I've made a video:


This is my first experience with Topshop lip products... Got a total of 6 products:


A mixture of lipsticks and lip bullets.

L-R: Crave / Back In The Game / Wine Gum / Motel / Pillow Talk / Brighton Rock

---------------------------------------------------------------------

LIP BULLETS

 

Got two colours from the Lip Bullet range called Crave (orangey nude) and Back In The Game (blue based hot pink). Was very impressed with how they swatch on my hand, but upon application, it felt sandy and it didn't stick well to my lips. The pigmentation however, is awesome and the colours are very vibrant and nice. I'm just kinda confused as to why it doesn't adhere well to my lips :/ It's like an obvious layer of colour sitting on top of my lips.


While looking for swatches online (some colours didn't have proper testers), I stumbled upon the swatch of the colour Motel. Tried looking for the colour but to no avail. Saw this box on the way to make payment and I got it another day. This set is made up of two colours: Wine Gum (deep purple), and Motel (brown based pink). They are the smaller version, you can see the comparison on the main picture or in the video. Motel looked like a good Kylie Jenner Lip dupe and I was very interested in trying it out. Same thing, the lip bullets didn't adhere well to my lips. The worst experience I had was with Wine Gum because it came out patchy and way toooo darkkkk.

Out of the 4 colours, my favourite is Motel. I just feel like it's not as patchy as the rest, although it still feels sandy upon sticking my lips together.

Some swatches:

 
Crave / Back In The Game 

 
Motel / Wine Gum

---------------------------------------------------------------------

LIPSTICKS


Picked up two colours from the Lipstick range and I got Pillow Talk (velvet finish baby pink) and Brighton Rock (matte finish coral hot pink). I love the lipsticks! Maybe that's why they are pretty much out of colours when I was there. Glad I managed to pick up these two :) Both lipsticks are super comfortable to wear, very easy to apply, smooth and sticks well to my lips! I love how not drying the matte finish one is and it gives a lot of colour. 

I love both but if I were to pick I really love Brighton Rock. I've always loved a good hot pink statement lips cause I feel that it can brighten up my whole face. I usually tend to forget to wear lip products so when I remember to use I'd usually go loud with Reds and Hot Pinks.

Some swatches:

 
Pillow Talk / Brighton Rock

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, I find these lip products worth trying out because the pigmentation is really good, especially impressed and happy with the lipsticks. The lip bullets are kind of a hit and miss. I love the colour range, love the formula and pigmentation on my hand but not on my lips :( However, I'll still continue using them because that's how much I love the pigmentation!

Furthermore, Topshop is currently having a Buy-1-Get-1 promotion for their make up range so it's definitely worth a visit and a try.

Do let us know how you feel about these products if you've ever tried them!

Topshop Make Up is available at most Topshop outlets in Singapore. Lipsticks (3.5g) and Lip Bullets (3g) are priced at S$19.90 each while the Lip Bullet set (1g each) is S$23.90.

xx,
Flo

No comments:

Post a Comment